Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The return of the school =="...

School started again today, now that exams are over =='... So depressing and tiring...
Especially now that I have gotten some of my results back. No chance for getting 7 for math, but i'm actually pretty happy with a 6 now. Pretty certain that i'll be getting a 7 for Chinese B though.
Got 19 out of 25 for Paper 1, English A. Pretty low mark but I still have a change of getting a 7 :D all depends on my World Lit Essay ><
Still anticipation all the results for my other subjects... (not really)

Now something uplifting!!! This morning, I took the MOST random, anal, mind confusing Science Quiz EVER!!! Namely the University of Otago Science Quiz. Fortunately, we got to keep the quesstions, and being such a nice person, i'd like to share these questions with all of you!!! (no Google allowed xP)

-I'll do it when I get back home-

I missed the bus... so I guess i'll type up some questions now...
1. What is the name of a user-generated website where entries are made in journal style and displayed in a reverse chronological order?
a. Blog
b. On-line diary
c. Chat room
d. Web-based record book

2. Which of these things can you legally do in a Marine Reserve?
a. Collect shellfish to eat
b. Collect rocks for the garden
c. Kayak and snorkel
d. Build a hut

3. AgResearch has been granted approval to continue genetic engineering research using human DNA in sheep, cattle and goats. The organisation which gave them approval is:
a. ERMA
b. SPCA
c. MAF
d. Royal Commission

4. I originated in Europe and found my way to New Zealand aboard human transport. I thrive on honeydew and insect prey. The Department of Conservation tries to poison me because I am a nuisance to trampers and tourists. What am I?
a. A starling
b. A wasp
c. A weasel
d. An earwig

5. A student places 14.2g of Ca(OH)2(s) in 100mL of water. In the resulting solution, which of the following is correct?
a. [Ca2+]>[OH-]>[H3O+]>[H2O]
b. [OH-]>[Ca2+]>[H3O+]>[H2O]
c. [H2O]>[OH-]>[Ca2+]>[H3O+]
d. [H2O]>[Ca2+]>[OH-]>[H3O+]

6. "wiki" enables web users to:
a. Enhance the speed of their web browers
b. Write documents collectively using a web browser
c. Share a program's original source code with other users
d. Translate web documents

7. Most corals, bryozoans, and ascidians are sessile suspension-feeding marine colonial invertebrates. Which statement is not TRUE?
a. They can only live in the upper waters, where light can penetrate
b. They don't have backbones
c. They filter their food out of the water
d. They are made up of tiny individuals which group together

8. Eugenics is the study of:
a. Altering human beings by changing their genetic makeup
b. People of European origin
c. Genetics of plants
d. Aiding death of people with terminal illness

9. In August 1986, 1700 villagers in Cameroon died because Lake Nyos:
a. Burst its dam and flooded their village
b. Suddenly released a cloud of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere
c. Had a toxic algal
d. Froze

10. The 1999 Nobel Prize for Chemistry was awarded to Ahmed Zewail for his studies on chemical reactions that take a few femtoseconds to occur. How long is a femtosecond?
a. 1*10^-6
b. 1*10^-9
c. 1*10^-12
d. 1*10^-15

Yeah this is tiring... I'm gonna stop (go home).. I'll do the other 35 questions later :P
Have fun!!!

3 comments:

  1. SHARE SHARE :]
    cuz I'm noob science geek. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) BLOG :]
    2) I'm guessing take their rocks. :l idk!! I've never been to a marine reserve...
    3) LOL WHAT
    4) ...I'm gonna guess earwig. do we even have weasels in nz?
    5) c
    6) LOL C
    7) >___< I don't take bio. C? when in doubt pick C.
    8) A :]
    9) what the heck. I'm going say D, and they were all swimming at the time. in winter. lol jk, I don't know and I chose the stupidest response.
    10) d... I think... it's either 12 or 15 lol

    ReplyDelete