Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Essay... sigh...

Truth is, I haven't written an essay in more than 12 months... and I'm supposed to write an end of semester essay today... wish me luck!

The two dramas that I have memorised quotes from are:
'A Doll's House' - Henrik Ibsen
'Medea' - Euripides

I'll talk about them after I sit the exams :P

Just finished.. The Essay question I did was something along the lines of 'In at least two of the plays you have studied, explore specific ways the playwright has shaped and patterned the speeches of the characters, and if they had any significant effects'
lol I ran out of things to talk about after the first 3 pages, so I just ended up writing one page of random stuff.. hahaha
First hour or so was pretty good, however I felt that I began to slip, and I lost my grasp on the stories.. and I forgot some of my quotes... sigh...

At the end, I had about 12mins left, and I was starting to hatch an idea, that I would write another essay at the back of this one, saying why I should get a good mark in this essay, and also draw a centaur (my English teacher is obsessed with medieval stuffs) with a rope around his neck, and a platform beneath him with another person on the side holding onto a leaver, and saying 'if I don't get a good mark, the centaur gets it'. :P

But I ended up not doing it.. cos.. yeah.. instead I ended up reading my essay aimlessly for 4 more times before the examiner told us to stop. So yeah.. that's about it haha :)

1 comment: