Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Queen's B'day Weekend - Coromandel!~

So as most of you guys already know, I went to Coromandel on Queen's B'day long weekend, which is why I haven't posted anything new. However, now that I'm back, and also, my exams are over, I'd like to write about the great fun I had down at camp with chamber choir!!

On that cold, chilly morning of Saturday, I woke up, rolled over on my bed, to turn on my phone to check the time. That's when I realised that I was late, and I hadn't packed anything the night before due to a late night over dose of Code Geass.. I began my frantic search of clothes, bags, toiletries, and most importantly, food. After all packing was done, I rushed into the kitchen, grabbed a choc bar from the pantry, and rush into the car, ready for mom to drive me off to church and choir practice. As I was on the car, listening to my iPod, I raced through my memory banks to try and remember if I had forgotten anything, but it turns out I had everything that I needed (however, I had forgotten my shampoo, which, I was soon to find out, a pain in the a**)

Choir practice commenced as usual, and I was only approx. 5mins late. After practice, the leader called for everyone to meet in the foyer with their respective stuff so that we could sort out who would be going in whose car, and if there would be any stops along the tedious ride to the Coromandel Peninsula. After all was sorted, I hopped into my ride, and long, stomach twisting, butt hurting, ride through the mountains to Coromandel, began. It was alright at the start, looking out the window, talking to each other, eating... But soon it got dead boring, so I started to doze off... but before I could fully rest in peace, we arrive at the Papakura BP station :(, but it had McDonald's :D, so I sluggishly got out of the car, and went and bought some lunch.

Then the torture of a ride recommenced. It was SOO boring.. and painful to the backside... I tried to sleep, and also to waste time eating.. but I eventually grew tired of sleeping, and ran out of food, so I decided to, yes that's right, READ!!! I read about 20 pages of 'Everything bad is good for you' (I recommend this book to EVERYONE, especially those Asian kids with parents that nag them to stop watching TV or playing games. This is a good book to support our 'motives' ^^. Btw, can anyone help me find a Chinese translation of this book? I really need to find one for my mom...) until we got 'lost'. Well that what we think we were, so we ended up just heading straight forward into some random bushes (in NZ, some random bushes is anywhere... and usually would mean that you're lost if you address where you are as some 'random bushes'). We got to our designated camp ground, but we were oblivious of that, so just ended up driving in circles around the Cook's Beach town for about 20mins, before we realized that THAT WAS our camp ground. At least we got there safely, and we beat everyone else ^^ (well, we went too far/fast, and forgot that we had to meet up at this one place, so everyone else waited for us when we were 20mins ahead... we didn't go back :P)

We waited for around 20mins for the others, so I decided to walk around the camp, and explore. I discovered that more than half of the space was for caravans/RV's, and there were barely any cabins O.o, which was surprising as the name of the place was called 'Cooks Beach Holiday Resort', and it looked really nice from the outside. There was a playground for kids up to 12 (damn), and also a pool, which I would soon find to be EXTREMELY cold, and fun :P. I went back to car because it started to rain, and got chatting with the driver of my ride. Turns out he used to play DotA as well, and plays WoW now. Finally, everyone came. The girls went and got our room keys, and assigned everyone to a room. I got put into a room with 5 other guys (everyone else's had 3 people), but it was great fun :P. We got our stuff, and headed out for our rooms, where we made ourselves at home. It was pretty decent actually, with a TV, couch, and everything else that we needed, even 'good' coffee!!! (it lacked shampoo, though...)

It was already around 4 when we got there, so we started to prepare dinner (well, we as in the preparing food people), the rest of us bummed around the camp, and just talked. We struggled to get the laptop to display onto the TV, but once we got there, we played 'Who wants to be a Millionaire?', Bible style xD, in Traditional Chinese ==... (Zelin=Fail) until dinner.

After dinner, we had a session (kind of like a youth group), which was actually really interesting.. I realized a lot about life... but I don't wanna go too deep into that atm. If you have any questions, just ask, I'd be happy to answer.

So our service finished, and it's 9:30. It's raining outside, and it's also REALLLLLLY cold. Why not go for a swim in the outdoor, roofless pool that was like 3 degrees? So that's exactly what we did. Not a good idea, but GREAT fun!!! ><. The 4 of us rushed back to our cabins, got changed, and then raced back to side of the pool with no shirt on in the rain. We were all a bit hesitant to jump in at first, so we spent the preceding 5mins warming up... hehehe. I ended up being the first one to jump in. And once I was in contact with the water... T.T"... it.. was.. SOOOOOOO COLD!!!! I jumped right back out of the water. The rain and the wind felt like nothing now. Then everyone else started jumping in... We continued doing this for around 5mins, until I could take it no longer. I dashed straight for the spa pool, and oh boy, did it feel good (if burning is a good feeling). Soon, the rest of the boys joined me.. and we spent the next hour, in the rain, talking about.. stuff.. haha. After I got back to the cabin, I headed straight for the showers. The feeling was.. SENSATIONAL!!! Even more sensational than that Dove Beauty Bar xDD.. I was pretty disappointed at first because there was no shampoo.. So I got out of shower, blow dried my hair and put all my clothes on without the feeling of silky flowing hair. Turns out one of my room mates had shampoo. AND CONDITIONER. Back in the shower I went ^^.

After everyone had finished all their showers, and the other guys had come back from fishing, 4 of us sat around a table and started the traditional camp card games (the other 3 talked about fishing and stuff...). I also put on a pot of coffee :P. After around 1 hour of card playing, and around 50 pushups and unnecessary hugs, we all migrated to the kitchen area where this guy, Neil, started telling the most HILARIOUS stories and jokes!!!!! And he told like 50!!! He had remembered so many! We were literally LOLing!!! LOLDSLKFJSDLKFLOL!!!!! I even ROFLed at one point xD. But good things always come to an end. At around 2 in the morning, Neil finally ran out of jokes, and so we all went to bed :'( (I ended up listening to my iPod till 4 cos it was so hot, and I kept thinking back at the jokes and cracking up under the blanket. Maybe the coffee had something to do as well...).

It's 8 in the morning, most of the other people have already woken up and started doing stuff, except for me and the guy that told the jokes (telling jokes is a tiring profession). I managed to drag myself out of bed, get a glass of water, and then get into the shower (Mmmm... shower...). Then it was breakfast time!! Everyone was there.. except for Neil, so yeah we kinda dragged him out to have breakfast, and to tell a few jokes well he's at it xD.

After breakfast, we had our Sunday service, which took around 1h30m.
Between the time service finished, and the time lunch was planned to start, we had about 1 hour, so guess what we did? Yes, we went out into the pools again xDD (It was also still raining...) This time, Neil was there with us = More JOKES!!! ^^ We talked about some more stuff, like spa pools and arcades (because guys have SOOO much to talk about :P).

See we're all so happy because of the joke ^^ except for the kid cos he doesn't get it xDDD jks jks~

After our relaxing morning spa, we went to lunch, and then started packing up for home :'( -sniff sniff- Yeah nothing much interesting about that...
So then yeah... Took the long boring ride back home (managed to sleep most of the way back. ^^), and then got home.. :/

Overall, this camp was really awesome, and I'm glad that I decided to on this camp (bum to those people that didn't come because they 'had' 'basketball', oh wells, their loss :P).


OOOooo!! Exams are OVER!!!! PARTY TIME!!!! LOL jk, I go to AIC xD

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a lot of fun >.<"" ... Better than sitting at home playing CS all day lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "talking about.. stuff.. haha."
    hahahaha (Y)
    sounds like you had a great time! (:
    wish my queens birthday weekend was as awesome as yours sounded TT

    ReplyDelete
  3. @bill: go out at do stuff!!! like umm... swim!! :D

    @YJ: Yesh indeed.. 'stuff' xD
    What did you end up doing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow in that photo you look really tall. what a lie =P

    soudns like you had funnnn ^^ didn't you have people to talk to on the car? lol why was it so boring? ><

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah man i'm tall now. LOL jk i'm Zelin. xD

    We did.. for the first while.. then yeah.. haha :P
    Cos car rides are boring. It's kinda like being on a plane ride with no small TV in front of you :O

    ReplyDelete